This creamy, filling and satisfying pasta dish is a delicious and easy mid-week meal, perfect for all the family, while being packed with lots of healthy veggies, with a temptingly rich sauce for an indulgent feeling. It’s a great way to use up any wilted spinach left in the vegetable drawer.
This recipe works perfectly as a pasta bake with any kind of pasta shape. Try it with your favourite pasta shapes, or layer it up with lasagne sheets, for an impressive take on a vegetarian lasagne.
- 400g fresh spinach leaves
- 3 large courgettes
- 250g mascarpone
- 230 g pasta
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- 100 ml single cream
- 1.5 tablespoon butter
- Seasoning to taste
- Cook the pasta as described on the packet instructions. Drain and leave aside.
- Halve and quarter the courgettes lengthways, removing any soft parts inside. Cut the remaining parts into small slices, roughly the same size as the pasta pieces.
- Heat the butter in a pan at a low heat, until it begins to melt.
- Add the onions and sauté, until they begin to soften and turn translucent.
- Add crushed garlic and continue to cook until fragrant.
- Add courgette pieces, cooking until they begin to soften.
- Add spinach and stir through mixture, until they begin to wilt.
- Keeping the heat low, stir in mascarpone, followed by cream, until evenly mixed.
- Add seasoning and nutmeg to mascarpone mixture as required.
- In a deep baking dish, pour out the cooked pasta.
- Pour mascarpone mixture on top, and gently mix until evenly combined.
- Serve immediately.